The winners of the Student Poster Paper Competition were:
- First Prize
Guillermo Jiménez, DIE, Universidad de Chile
Distribution network greenfield planning under an evolutionary approach.
- Second Prize
Osvaldo Villar, and Richard Weber, DII, Universidad de Chile
A new similarity measure between web visitors to improve clustering results.
- Third Prize
Lucas Terissi and Juan C. Gómez. Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina.
ICA-based Facial Motion Tracking and Animation.
- Wednesday, December 27th: The plenaries and tutotials presentation have been uploaded to the Documents page.
- Monday, December 11th: We have added the sponsors page.
- Monday, October 16th: We have launched the spanish version.
- Tuesday, October 10th:
- Monday, October 2nd: We have published the preliminary program.
- Tuesday, September 26th: EVIC 2006's site online!
The Summer School will be held at the Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, jointly organized by the Chilean Chapter of the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (former IEEE Neural Networks Society) and the Department of Electrical Engineering, Universidad de Chile.
The Summer School is dedicated to explain the main models and algorithms used in Computational Intelligence (Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Evolutionary Computation) and their application to signal processing, pattern recognition, control systems, robotics, biomedical engineering, data mining, etc.
Courses will have a duration of 3 hours. Some classes will include practical sessions with appropriate software tools. Spanish-speaking lecturers will give their lectures in Spanish. Otherwise the courses will be in English.
Last update: December 11th, 2006.